Friday 20 August 2010

Swooping season is here


I was just thinking about how nice it is the sun is rising a bit earlier and the magnolias are blooming. That means winter is nearly over! Finally! But it also means it's nearly magpie swooping season. I got swooped a few times while out running last year. They hit you really hard in the head! And mess up your hair!

The DSE has produced a Magpie Map where you can see where all the latest swoopings have been reported! Where the most magpies are, well that's where I run. You can also get a Swoop Off Kit, which includes eyes to stick on the back of your bike helmet to scare them off.

I was excited about my long run tomorrow through the local trails, but after reading that it's swooping season already, I'm a bit scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.