Saturday 24 December 2011

This time 4 years ago I was on a walk/run routine strictly in Five Fingers. That summer I was able to get over a long term injury (1.5 years?) and build up my distance for the first time ever.

Today I am on a walk/run routine, strictly in Five Fingers, getting over a different long term injury (3+ Years).

Today was 100% pain free and I can't wait til I can run the whole way! I can't wait til I can do hill sprints again! My natural running pace has improved from not running. My cardio fitness is there and my strength is better than ever due to weight training. A couple more weeks to go and running the whole way is scheduled! But I'm going to be cautious and not do anything long for a while.

In the meantime I've come up with my race schedule for 2012. I'm going to get fitter and faster. I'm going to get close to my 5km PB which dates back to 2009. Then I'm going to get close to or beat my half marathon PB (not sure how though as none of the HMs on the calendar interest me). Then I'm going to BEAT my 50km trail PB and finish by SMASHING that goddamn Great Ocean Walk race.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.